the mechanical endurance and integrity of electronics components
and assemblies is used to validate designs, improve manufacturing,
and ensure the reliability of final products. Tests include:
- Strength testing of adhesives, connections,
interconnections, package testing – adhesive peel, micro-bend,
indentation and die shear.
- Component testing such as mobile phone components - including
contact spring durability, cyclic and fatigue testing.
- Circuit devices and boards experience thermal as well as mechanical
strain and fatigue life challenges. Fatigue tests can be used
to mimic thermal stress, shortening life tests.
- Printed Circuit Board fatigue flex tests prove their reliability
in final applications.
- Ball grid array tests are needed to confirm device performance
requiring high precision static test machines.
- Torsion tests are used to test assemblies and fasteners.
- High speed impact or disconnect tests are used in applications
involving connector separation on impact.